Looking for extremely matte lipstick? I know I’m very exagge right now but honestly these babies are super duper matte. In fact it makes my lips very dry looking especially with the brown and light colors. You can see in the photos that the texture and cracks in my lips are visible enough to prove that these lipsticks are dry in consistency.
My first try was ok and I was excited to try some of the colors but I later found out that they don’t work well with dry lips. Sometimes I have dry lips (I use a strong toothpaste) and the dry consistency of the lipstick emphasized the dryness instead of complimenting it. But I also learned that it (the dryness) is not very visible with their bright colors, only with their nude and light shades. So my tip for this kind of problem is to have a lip balm ready to moisturize your lips before putting this lipstick on – I think that might help with the dryness effect.
As far as the scent – these lipsticks are odorless and they have an interesting taste. I can’t figure out how to explain what they taste like but you’ll know what I mean once you use one. Also you need to sharpen them as needed, they’re not twistable. It might not be convenient for you but they do provide a sharpener (at least they did for me). Here’s the list of the pros and cons for a more clear verdict of these lippies.
– They’re long lasting lipsticks
– They don’t transfer, which really proved their claim of being “Kiss Proof”
– For their crayon-looking shape they are sized perfectly and it was easier to apply than the Revlon ones I own.
– They’re matte
– There’s so many amazing colors to choose from
– They’re very affordable
– They’re Odorless
– Very opaque colors
– They’re super dry for my lips (next time I have to apply a lip balm first before applying them on my lips)
– It has a weird or interesting taste to it
– It’s not twistable so you’ll need to have a sharpener to sharpen them
– It’s not available yet in malls at least here in Davao so if ever you want to buy, you’ll have to order them online
– It’s hard to take off with a wet tissue alone. So I used Ponds’ cold cream with a wet tissue to remove it.
P.S. These lipsticks are sold for Php100.00 each at @inkheart_winter on Instagram.